Four Easy Ways to Turn A Bad Day Around!

| On
 


      Everyone has a bad day and sometimes it can be hard to make a better day out of all the bad things happening. Whether you just got a bad grade, a flat tire, you and your significant other got into a fight, or maybe Mcdonald's ice cream was down and you drove all the way there to get a snack size mcflurry. (Mcdonald's get it together..) Anyways, you get my point. There are so many causes for a bad day, but there are so many ways to turn those bad days around and make it better. It is so important that we don't get caught up in the negativity in the things that life throws at us. We have to be optimistic and try to find SOMETHING to appreciate each and every day.

Find something to look forward to
      Ok, so maybe you went to bed in a bad mood and you wake up still in a bad mood or worrying about yesterday. Instead of doing this, go to bed looking at tomorrow as a new day! People sometimes take their days for granted and worry about things that aren't worth fretting about. On some occasions, we might worry about things that are just a part of life and cannot be avoided. In this case, you can still find positivity behind that situation. Don't let the little things get to you and make way for a bad day. Wake up with a fresh start to your day! Look forward to a yummy breakfast, or eating lunch, or getting a new lipstick later at Ulta. Make a plan to do something fun to get your mind off of things.

Be optimistic
      Bringing positivity into your life and being optimistic about things can really change your mindset and play a role in your every day life. We can't always avoid things that happen to us because life throws many curve balls and headships at us, and that's just reality. BUT.. we can look for positive things in our life to help us get through tough times. Made a bad grade on a test? How about looking at it as, "I tried my best and there are many more opportunities for me to improve". Didn't get the job you wanted? Look at it as, "Maybe that job just wasn't for ME and there is a better opportunity that is waiting for me". Y'all, positivity is EVERYTHING. I'm tellin' you! (.. in my Southern accent)

Surround yourself with family or friends
      You're probably thinking to yourself "surround myself with family and friends? Why would I want to be bothered with ANYONE when I am having a bad day??" That's where you have to think differently. Sure there are times when you just need that time for yourself, but don't sit in your room hiding in the corner for hours and hours. It's important to surround yourself with people who are there for you! Now some people might not have family near them where they can just drive down the street, or maybe you moved to a new city and haven't met a lot of people yet... I'll get to that in the next tip! Back to family and friends... When I am feeling down, I like to go home sometimes and be around my parents and brother. My mom is my mother and best friend and I can talk to her about anything. Even if I don't want to talk about things, she is still there to comfort me. Sometimes we sit on the couch and watch our favorite shows together, or a movie. I also like to hang out with my boyfriend and make cookies and watch a movie. We love to watch movies! Call up your girlfriend(s) and hangout with them! Eat some popcorn, have a dinner night, etc. There are so many things you can do with your family and friends.

Get Out!
      No, I'm not talking about the movie. Like I mentioned in the previous tip, some people don't have family or friends near them because they are in a different city. Hey, that's ok though! You can still get out and do something. This still applies to people who have family and friends near them. Make plans to stop by a new store, a new coffee shop, museum, or any other place in your town that you haven't been. There are some new places that have been added downtown in my city and this would be a great thing for me to do on a bad day. I could go downtown, walk around, and see the establishments and art that have been added.

There are so many ways to turn a bad day around. Find things that fit your interest! Just be optimistic and remember that every day is a NEW day.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature
-